Any artist who desires to paint en plein air in Arizona is eligible for membership. Dues for all levels of membership in Arizona Plein Air Painters are $35.00 per calendar year and are due by January 31st. New members can join anytime, but dues are not prorated.
benefits of membership
All APAP members enjoy
- listing in APAP Members Directory. Includes link to artist's website, if applicable.
- discounted APAP show and event entry fees.
- participation in members only paint outs and shows.
- eligibility to write blog posts for APAP Blog.
- eligibility to host APAP paint outs.
- eligibility to have select works featured on APAP Members Gallery page. Includes link to artist's website.
- the chance to make new friends and further their plein air painting journey.
- access to "Members Only" section of website. (coming soon)
Everyone begins their journey as an APAP member as an Associate. Associates are:
- Artists of any skill level, who wish to be plein air painters
- They contribute to the group by participating in paint outs and other events, honing their craft and working towards becoming a Juried Member.
To become a Juried Member:
- You must maintain one year's Associate membership in good standing.
- Dues must be current
- Juried Members will be chosen from among qualified candidates by a professional artist serving as a judge at an APAP sponsored show in which the candidate is a participant based on the work entered.
- Shows will be held, at least, once per year.
Signature Members represent exceptionalism in plein air painting and as Signature Members of Arizona Plein Painters they:
- Have established art careers
- Have won awards in national shows and/or major plein air competitions
- Show work in Arizona Plein Air Painters shows
- Likely have gallery representation or have been published in major artists magazines
- May teach paid workshops for Arizona Plein Air Painters
- Are willing to serve, occasionally, as jurors (terms negotiable) in APAP shows and plein air competitions in which they are not participants
- Are allowed to list/advertise their plein air workshops on the APAP calendar and website free of charge. (Format and placement on APAP site is at the sole discretion of APAP webmaster and will be congruous with the rest of the website.)
- Are featured in the Signature Member Directory by name, a short bio, up to two images of their work, and a link to their website.
Patrons are non-artists who support the growth of Arizona Plein Air Painters and its members. They are collectors, art enthusiasts, gallery owners, educational institutions, environmentalists, outdoors lovers, and others who wish to further the mission of Arizona Plein Air Painters, the documentation and preservation of the Arizona landscape, and the art of plein air.
Patron members may:
- Participate in and promote APAP events
- Provide monetary support for the organization and its events
- Support APAP artists by collecting their work
There are no dues for Patron members.