Open sunrise to sunset.
No entrance fee.
Meet at the gate.
This neighborhood park is just over 4 acres and is located on Northern Avenue. The parking lot is on the west side of 51st Avenue just south of the businesses at Northern Avenue.
Built in 1897 by a wealthy lumber baron from Wisconsin named Herbert W. Hamilton, Manistee Ranch began as a 320-acre spread along what is now Northern Avenue. Hamilton sold the place to Louis M. Sands, a prominent Arizona businessman and rancher, in 1907, and it stayed in the Sands family until it was sold to the Glendale Historical Society in 1996.
Today the ranch is on the National Register of Historic Places, and its four buildings – a garage, office, barn, and house – can be visited by anyone who wants to get a little taste of Glendale history.