Rev up your brushes, Painters! Our 2018 members-only juried show will soon be here!
Juror/Judge Matt Smith
MAY 5, 2018 - MAY 18, 2018
Location: Scottsdale Artists School, 3720 N. Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Subject: Original representational plein air paintings done in Arizona depicting the diverse Arizona landscape, cityscape, flora, fauna, or architecture.
Deadline: April 24, 2018 (no exceptions)
Medium: Oil, pastel, watercolor, gouache, acrylic or other traditional painting medium.
Entry Fee: $35 for up to three images. Only one painting will be chosen per entrant. Entry fee and images must be submitted for jurying via EntryThingy on APAP website. Email submissions, or any other submission type, will not be accepted. If you have questions or need help with your submission, please, contact us here.
Painting drop-off: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
If you are unable to hand deliver your accepted painting, you can mail it to Scottsdale Artists School, 3720 N. Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. It must arrive before May 5, 2018, 11:00 a.m. Be sure to include enough postage to have you work mailed back to you.
Installation: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 10 a.m. to Noon
Awards assigned: Saturday. May 12, 2018
Reception: Scottsdale Artists’ School, Saturday. May 12, 2018 - 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pick-Up Paintings: Friday, May 18, 2018, 10 a.m. to Noon
Entrants must be APAP Members in good standing, (your dues must be paid), and, at least 18 years of age. To become an APAP member apply here.
- Paintings must be original and have been created in plein air within past two years, (2016-2018).
- Paintings shown in previous APAP shows will not be accepted.
- Paintings must be for sale. Scottsdale Artists School will handle all sales and retain 20% of the sale price of the artwork as a donation to the school.
- Maximum artwork size, each entry: 16” x 20” (unframed)
- Paintings must be nicely framed with D rings and wire. No sawtooth hangers. Framing should look well-crafted and professional.
- Awards ribbons for Best of Show, Second, Third, and three Honorable Mention awards, along with a President’s Choice award. Prizes will be announced closer to the event date.